If you are like most, you have already had a "New Year Skin Resolution", but unfortunately, only few of us actually stick with the resolution. Whether your goal is to go without having to wear makeup or having your makeup looking flawless, having healthy skin free from acne, wrinkles or hyperpigmentation all starts with a Healthy Skin, Healthy Diet, Effective Skincare Products and Regimen. Here are some helpful tips that will help you to stick with your resolution:
1. Cleansing Routine: Create a routine and stick with it. Cleanse your skin twice a day (am & pm) and double cleanse at night. The purpose of double cleansing the skin before going to bed every night, the first wash is to remove makeup, dirt, oil and debris from the skin and the second wash is to cleanse the skin. Also, make sure you are using products that are specifically for your skin type and/or skin condition.
2. Revamp Your Diet: Consume lots of fruits, veggies and clean protein. Try avoiding fried foods, candies, ice cream, and sugary drinks. Fried foods tend to clog your pores and per Dr. Nicholas Perricone, a Dermatologist and Nutritionist with the eponymous skincare line, did and extensive research that showed that these foods causes inflammation in the body when ingested. The inflammation produces enzymes that breaks down collagen and elastin, resulting in sagging skin and wrinkles.
3. Increase Your Water Intake: Consume lots of water because it aids in the removal of toxins in the body. It also helps the kidneys and other excretory organs function at optimal potential. Water also helps to hydrate the skin. So guzzle down that water!
4. Wear Sunscreen: Sun exposure without wearing sunscreen can cause premature aging and wrinkles, leathery sun damage skin or worst, skin cancer. Contrary to popular belief, this is also true for people of color. So look for sunscreens with SPF 30 or above. Dermalogica has an effective SPF 50 Solar Defense Booster that can be worn alone or with any of their moisturizers, which can be purchased at Jeunesse Skincare Center.
5. Visit a Licensed Esthetician on a Monthly Bases: As part of your skin car regime, you should see a Licensed Esthetician bi-weekly or monthly for maintenance. He or She will likely perform a thorough skin analysis either by Face Mapping or Woods Lamp. At Jeunesse Skincare Center (I know, shameless plug), your Esthetician will conduct an in-depth skin analysis to determine your skin type, skin condition, customize a specific treatment for your skin and will then prescribe a take home treatment.
By following these simple 5 steps, you will definitely see a change in your skin’s appearance and texture, resulting in Beautiful, Healthy and Flawless Skin for years to come!